Saturday, February 18, 2006

Mileage: 2.12 - 2.18

I finally got to run again. My knees are feeling better but aren't completely back to normal yet. My left hip flexor is slightly strained, but it doesn't bother me when I run. The shinsplint I had in my right leg also appears to be healing finally. I think adding insoles to my dress shoes is helping all of these injuries heal. Those things were like walking barefoot on concrete, but they're reasonably soft now. I spend at least 8 hours a day in them, so it follows that they would have an impact on my legs. All of this injury stuff put me behind in my Pfitz training, so I'm weighing the options for Reno in May. I'll probably take it easy and just run progressively longer weekend runs with increasing weekly mileage rather than risk another injury by trying to get back on the Pfitz plan. There will be other marathons, no use killing myself for this one.

Mondayoff 
Tuesdayoff 
Wednesdayoff 
Thursday6 milesno time
Fridayoff 
Saturday9 miles1:25:05
Total15 miles 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home